Norsk Garage Flooring Will Not Disappoint
I was looking at the different options available for garage flooring and came across a company I hadn't heard of before called Norsk. Though a very Norwegian sounding name, it is a US company. Norsk strives to do things differently by considering how design, quality and innovation in their products can be perfected by a group of people who really care about what they are doing. Their goal is to offer exciting merchandise and a memorable experience for their customers. An unusual goal for a company that makes garage flooring, storage and other automotive products. But just looking at their flooring options makes me realize how they are bringing this goal to pass.
Norsk has been around for about 10 years, and when they entered the business it was partly due to the fact that there was nothing on the market that they felt was up to the standard they could provide. Characteristics they wanted their tiles to provide compared to others included:
- Larger size
- Flexible design, not hard and brittle
- A nice coin design. They did not want a cheap, lego looking flooring square.
- An anti-slip, matte finish
As well as meeting these requirements, their two primary goals were easy installation and an affordable price. Both of these were accomplished with their garage flooring system. To completely transform your yucky, dirty, old garage floor to a great looking matte finish, perhaps in a two-tone checker board finish, comes in for around $3.00 a square foot. And to install these great interlocking tiles only requires a mallet and a utility knife.
Well, Norsk garage flooring has been on the market quite a few years now, and they have many happy customers. Here are some of the traits that they accomplished with their above stated objectives.
- Their garage flooring is extremely durable, lightweight and has incredible structural integrity.
- Norsk flooring is designed to allow trapped water and other moisture to flow from underneath the flooring so that it can evaporate.
- It is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, which is really nice to know if your garage is used as any type of a shop.
- Unlike a concrete floor, the padded tile flooring provides great acoustic and thermal installation, as well as being friendlier on your feet if you have to stand very much (anti-fatique characteristics).
- If one tile is damaged, you can easily replace it with another.
- This type of garage flooring is portable, so if you move, you can take your floor with you.
- It is very versatile, besides being used in a garage, many homeowners use them in the basement, workout room, laundry room or children's play area.
- Easy to clean, just wipe up any spills, or sweep and mop regularly with a mild cleaner, just like you would with any other floor.
- Very stylish if you checker board two different colors. Some of the available colors include: black, white, blue, gray, red, yellow and green.
- Besides the original coin pattern, Norsk garage flooring is also available a diamond and rhino-tec pattern.
- Specialty tiles are available, such as vented drain tiles, and special trim kits are a must to finish of the edges for a smooth transition.
So, if you would like to update your garage flooring and improve a living space in your home that is often overlooked, then take a good look at Norsk garage flooring before you make any final decisions.